We strive to keep our customer’s personal details, such as name, address, email address and telephone number, as secure as possible, which is why we will not give out any customer information or misuse the information given to us.
Our secure website has been designed to stop any of our customer information being stolen from third parties. We will only use our customer’s information to contact them or to inform them of any special offers or news and new/improved products or services that may be of interest to them, if they have specified that we can contact them in that way. We will NOT disclose your information to any third party, at any time.
The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
- How your information is collected
- This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call the Advertiser.
- What information is collected
- The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- if you call the Advertiser, your phone and/or mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call;
- and any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
- Using cookies or other on-device storage
- How information collected is used
- When you use this website
- Customisation of this website and advert targeting
- The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interests. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don’t miss offers and information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
- Tracking how the website is used
- Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it.
- This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations;
- and track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners’ websites to this website.
- Analysing call volumes
- If you call the Advertiser using the number featured on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be shared with the Advertiser and used to analyse the effectiveness of the website.
- Disclosure of your information
- Your information may be passed to one or more of the following organisations: the Advertiser; data processing companies, mailing houses and other third party suppliers; and government and enforcement agencies and the police.
- Occasionally, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area. For more information, please read section 4 – Where your information is processed.
- Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
- Where your information is processed
- When your information is used as described in section 2 – How information collected is used, this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your information. By using this website, you agree that your information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
- How your information is kept secure
- The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
GDPR May 2018 – Our promise to you
Data: Any data of yours that we hold has been provided to us by you. We will never sell or share your data with any third parties. You have the right to request access to modify, change or view any personal data of yours that we have.
Mailing list: Any emails sent from Weston and Worle Appliances are only sent once you (the customer) has signed up, opted-in or provided our sales team with your email address and permission to email you. You will not be inundated with emails and will only be sent emails that we feel will be of interest to you or that are necessary. You will receive news, special offers and automated emails from Weston and Worle Appliances, including seasonal newsletters, product discounts and offers, updates on Kitchens and Appliances, automated emails such as abandoned cart, birthday/personalised emails and order confirmations. You may withdraw consent whenever you want to by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of an email.
Phone calls: Our phone calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. The recorded calls are recording when you dial our main-line number – 01934 522490. There is an opening message advising we record our calls. Calls our held for 30 days unless in the event of an ongoing issue with ourselves. You will be notified if recordings after 30 days are stored.