We have Gas Safe engineers who are also skilled in electrical connections (not the installation of a new supply) and are able to install your new cookers, range cookers, hobs and ovens.
If you need us to disconnect your old appliance, we will do this when we arrive (and for gas and hard-wire installations, disconnection is included in the installation charge).
As you can probably imagine, for your safety, there are a lot of rules around connecting cookers so there are things that we need you to check before we arrive:
- Please ensure that you have suitable ventilation. This could be an extraction fan or a window that opens.
- You need to check the dimensions of your new appliance and make sure there’ll be enough room around the back and side for ventilation once we’ve installed it.
- You need to make sure you’ve got an adequate gap between your cooker or hob and anything above it.
- The dimensions of this space, known as the “Hot Zone”, need to comply with the manufacturer requirements and Gas Safe legislation.
- It also needs to be completely clear of any flammable materials, such as wallpaper, cupboards or shelves and plug sockets.
- If we arrive and the Hot Zone isn’t clear, we won’t be able to complete your installation.
- There needs to be an existing gas supply to the installation point.
- The room that we’re connecting into needs to have a door or window to the outside of the property to allow for adequate ventilation and we also need access to a 3 pin electric socket within 1.2 metres of the installation area
EACH MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION HAVE TO BE ADHERED TO BY LAW, GENERIC MEASUREMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS BY THE HSE ARE OVERRIDDEN BY THE MANUFACTURER.
DOWNLOADING THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE MANUFACTURER FOR THE MODEL YOU ARE CONSIDERING PURCHASING WILL INDICATE THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLATION BEFORE PURCHASING. IF THE DISTANCES, VENTILATION REQUIREMENTS CANNOT BE MET THE APPLIANCE WILL NOT BE INSTALLED BY US.
We are unable to connect LPG appliances at this time
Please note we are unable to install a new electrical supply for your hob or cooker, we can recommend some electricians for this service if required.
We are able to professionally fit your Integrated appliance this includes the re positioning of door hinges on the appliance door front if required. Gas and Electric hobs, capping off gas supplied to existing gas hobs for the fitment of a replacement electric hob.
Integrated appliances are not all the same there are several styles and permutations, fitment size can vary if only my a few millimetres this can make a big difference.
If you need further assistance or advice when ordering an appliance or have any questions, please feel free to call us on 01934 522490 or send us an email by using one of our contact forms by clicking here.
Repair | Buy | Quality
Areas We Cover
Abbots Leigh, Avonmouth, Axbridge, Backwell, Badgworth, Banwell, Berrow, Blagdon, Bleadon, Brean, Brent Knowle, Burnham on Sea, Cheddar, Chew Magna, Churchill, Cleeve, Clevedon, Clewer, Compton Martin, Draycott, East Brent, Easton in Gordano, Harptree (East & West), Haywood Village, Highbridge, Huntspill (East & West), Hutton, Langford, Lawrence Weston, Locking, Long Ashton, Lympsham, Mark, Nailsea, Pill, Portbury, Portishead, Rooksbridge, Sandford, Sea Mills, Shirehampton, Shipham, Sidcot, Uphill, Weare, Wedmore, Westbury-on-Trym, Winscombe, Wraxhall, Wrington & Yatton
Need to contact us?
Need to speak to us about organising an installation? Please feel free to contact us by calling or emailing us.
Thinking of purchasing a new appliance? Check out our online shop with a massive range of appliances from a variety of leading brands.